Rosacea Q & A
What is rosacea ?
Rosacea is a condition that causes redness, pimples, bumps/cysts on the face, eye lids. It is also commonly called acne rosacea or ocular rosacea.
What is the main cause of rosacea ?
The main cause of rosacea is unknown. Factors that maybe involved include heredity, environment, and some consider it an autoimmune disease.
What are the symptoms of rosacea?
Facial flushing, redness ,visible veins, swollen bumps, pimples, burning sensation, eye lid problems, which may precede skin symptoms .
What is the best treatment for rosacea? Are there any natural treatments / home remedies for rosacea?
It depends on the type of rosacea you develop.
- Oral antibiotics doxycycline , oracea , minocycline , accutane in some cases.
- Topical medications like azelaic acid, metrogel, metronidazole cream, soolantra Mirvaso and Rofade may reduce the redness , flushing
- V Beam laser for rosacea can make enlarged blood vessels shrink . It is considered a cosmetic procedure.
- Rosacea natural treatment: Emu oil, apple vinegar, laurel wood , and oregano oil are used as natural home remedies for rosacea. However, those products are not well studied for rosacea treatment .
What is a list of good and bad foods for rosacea?
Bad foods for rosacea
- Alcohol, hot and spicy food , some dairy products can cause flare ups of rosacea
Good foods for rosacea
- Salmon, oatmeal, certine nuts and seeds, bland foods.
What are the best eye creams for rosacea?
Many large companies have eye creams for rosacea including CeraVe, La Roche Posay, Kiehl’s. Best over the counter face creams for rosacea are Clinique, Cetaphyl, CeraVe, La Roche Posay, Aveeno, Elta MD sun blocks.
How does one get rid of rosacea permanently? How is it treated by a dermatologist? Who is the best rosacea specialist doctor near me In NYC?
So far rosacea cannot be cured. By taking certain steps you can control the symptoms and flare ups. Right diet, proper hygiene, use of mild, hypoallergenic cleansers, creams , sun protection. Avoid stress, hot showers, strenuous exercise, if you want to diminish rosacea flare ups. If you looking for a rosacea treatment dermatologist please contact us at 212-757-7010 or make an appointment online. We accept most insurance plans. Our main office is located in New York City’s Midtown Manhattan: 200 West 58th Street, Suite 1C, New York, NY 10019 and we have 5 other offices across NYC, Manhattan, Brooklyn, & the Bronx.